Updated: February 5, 2017
When do we collect your personal information?
You may provide personally identifiable information (“PII”) to us in the following ways:
- by registering as a Member
- by subscribing to our newsletter
- sharing personal information when you post comments on our blog posts, such as your email address or Twitter handle
- by contacting us through our Contact Us page, or by emailing us at one of our email addresses listed on the Site, or by contacting us via our established social media profiles
- by providing us information through third party service providers, for example, newsletter software such as Aweber
In addition to PII, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information (“NPII”) from Users when they visit the site.
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the portion of the Site and Service that you interact with, PII we collect may include your:
- full name
- email address
- mailing address
- profile photo you submit
- Username or login IDs for Google, Twitter, Facebook or Linked-in
- Company, job title, industry, gender
NPII we collect when you visit the Site may include:
- your IP address
- your approximate geographic location
- the operating system you are using
- the Internet browser you are using
- the Web page you requested to visit
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily provide us online while using the Site (e.g., while using the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). We only contact individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our free newsletters or have purchased one of our products or services. We collect personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration to receive our free newsletters and name, postal address, email, phone and credit card information when purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us voluntarily by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet (such as your IP address), which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use browser “cookies” to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit our Site, and track user trends and patterns. The Site also may use single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs” to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages.
What are cookies?
You can program your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, block third party cookies or block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features of the Service.
How is your personal information used?
Depending on the portion of the Service and Site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways:
- If you choose to subscribe (opt-in) to our newsletter, we will send our periodic newsletter to the email address you provided us. Members can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- The email address that you use when contacting us through our Contact Us page or one of our email addresses listed on the Site will not be used for any reason except for responding to your inquiry.
- If you comment on the Site, and your comment violates our Terms of Service, we may use the contact information you provided in order to comment to notify you of the policy violation.
- From time to time, we may organize contests and other promotions. If you share information with us directly or through one of our third party service providers, we may use the email address you provided in order to notify you of the results.
- We may use your NPII to monitor Site usage trends and improve the User experience.
- We may disclose your PII if required to do so by process of law, or if necessary in order to investigate fraud, a violation of our Terms of Service or in connection with any harm being caused to a third party or their rights.
- We may share PII in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger or sale of our company, or a sale of all or substantially all of our assets or of the product or service line you received from us, or a bankruptcy.
By providing your Personal Information, you are granting us the right to store and use the information in any way that does not violate any laws or regulations.
How do I edit my personal information?
When you are logged in, visit the Edit Account page (from the My Account menu) to edit your personal information. While most of the information in your profile can be edited, many of the fields are required in order to complete the modification to your profile.
How do I delete my Membership account?
If you would like to delete your Membership account, please send us an email from the email address that is associated with your Membership account at email@example.com or contact us on our Contact Page. Please let us know your username in that email, so that we may complete your request accurately.
You should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your PII may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
In addition, we have the right to delete any account at any time if required to do so by process of law, or if necessary in order to investigate fraud, a violation of our Terms of Service or in connection with any harm being caused to a third party or their rights.
How secure is my personal information?
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard PII against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of PII. Although we make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your PII from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet.
How secure is my personal financial information?
How is my information protected?
We employ the industry standard data security tools to protect PII and PFI. Unfortunately, even with these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. By using our Platform, you acknowledge and agree that (i) we make no guarantee as to the safety and security of your PII and/or PFI and (ii) you use our Platform at your own risk.
Who else has access to my personal information?
Below are the privacy policies of some of the other third parties who may indirectly provide services to us:
Children’s Privacy Statement
This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We do not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site, or use our Site services. Whenever appropriate and feasible, we screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records as soon as we discover the information. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.